Grey Umbrella Poem


I sleep with a broken heart
Because I have been a fool at love
I stumbled upon an old torn grey umbrella
Out of it feel a crumpled up note
A love letter I discovered it was
All the words I had heard you say
All the whispered poems in my ears
The love notes you shared with mw
Were all written in that piece of paper
You said you had never loved another
The way you loved that year
The note bared your name
Full of all the beautiful words
That gave me Goosebumps
The words that I lived for each day
The words that said you needed me
Words that proclaimed your love
Words that made me remember
All the times my heart fluttered
Excitement filled my heart
My eyes slid to the bottom of the letter
Suddenly I could hear water drop
Inside the kitchen sink
Everything started spinning
As my fingers trembled
Lips tightening in anger, desperation, sadness
My heart was on the floor
I wanted to reap every page of the memories I had of you
The last three months together I wanted to burn
Blinking away the tears I looked again
The last words on the letter were
“I love you very much dear wife”

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall