My Dad's Umbrella Poem


You call me your little princess
The girl who makes your heart race
The only person who make you smile
You protect me like a chicken does its chicks
I have been a part of your life
You have been the best part of me
I feel safe holding your hand
Looking up to you I only see strength
Carrying me on your shoulder
I can see the whole world that
That you say can be mine for the taking
Today everyone celebrates you
I have picture perfect memories of you
I am all grown up now
Yet I still want you to call me  me your little girl
For the wisdom you taught me
For the unconditional love you showed me
For the beautiful presents you gave me
I am grateful and overwhelmed
Your love taught me to be trust
Your protection gave me confidence
I will still run to you when the world hurts
Your arms I will still lean into
My dad’s umbrella sheltered me from the rain
Sometimes even the harsh sun
Childhood memories are written all over the umbrella
You told me big girls never cry
I listened and wiped away the tears
I celebrate you today
I will celebrate you for the rest of my life
You are like a blanket
I never want to let go of
Your strong chest is my strong pillar that keeps me together

Happy father’s day dad

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall