Love Letter To My Love Poem


Thinking how to start
Where to begin from
The end not even close
My heart allowed me to write
Loving you was complete
Kissing you became magical
Making love to you became perfect
When you held me
It gave me the pleasure
Of being close to you
All times spent together
Lazily laying under the sun
The cold having no effect on us
Like a broken down statue
Left to the mercies of the wind
We stood firm
Our poetry to each other
Was anonymous and unheard
The need to be with each other
Overcame all logic
Reason became simpler
Your understanding
Taught me to be patient
Your love
Taught me to love back
Our faith and trust in each other
Was the foundation of our life together
We became each other’s strength
My body sometimes gets colder without you
You have been the laughter in my life
A sacrifice worth every pain
I tell you my life’s truth
I will never let my eyes wonder to another
No caress will I ever steal
If not yours alone, no one else’s
A promise is never to be broken
Songs sang for lovers never run out
Distances only make our love stronger than steel
Bracing myself to spend my life with you
Every hour away from you brings me home faster
I frame your love in my soul
Me and you on this dusty road
I will never let you walk alone
As I am your love, treasure and sweetness
Now and forever
Yours truly always
Love of your life …… (Name)

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall