Brown Umbrella Poem


I am tired of living in a memory
A memory that haunts me to the core
You left my heart with sorrow
Now I am scared of the world
I never want to feel again because of you
Love has become a foreign language
Every beat in my heart aches
Colours do not make sense anymore
I have been afraid to fall again
Doubts have filled every part of me
I am no longer brave
A thousand days I cannot erase
Living in this bubble of memories
I now ask why I did love
Why I let you crawl into my heart
Why I allowed you to cheat my emotions
Why is it I let you damage my hope
Answers do not seem to appear
All I did was wait for you
All you did was create only sadness
I seek to run away from this
I have surrendered all I had
Nothing is left except sleepless nights
Sweet dreams have become haunting nightmares
Are these the only dreams I will have?
Our friendship ended in love
Now love has ended in enmity
The only thing left in my life
Is the presence of the perfume
On this brown umbrella sitting next to me
Hearts did collide
Emotions intertwined together
These obstacles I have to let go
Deep inside I know I will be okay

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall