Happy New Year My Love Poem


I have seen another year with you
It has been a wonderful 365 days with you
spending time in your arms kept me sane
leaning into your chest gave me breathe
Listening to your voice rendered me peaceful
Holding onto the dreams of us
Gave me the courage to love even more
You have been my anchor
The reason my smile never faded
Last year you stayed with me
I laughed
I cried
I regretted
I lost faith
Sometimes
Yet you held my hand without question
I ask nothing of you
But that you love me unconditionally
Hold tight the dreams I have
Create a perfect memory with me
Sing our love song to the air
Let the birds know we are in love
Let the rain shower our kiss
Give the sun reason to shine brighter
Engage the moon in reason for loving me
I have you now
I will not let go of us
Happy New Year my love
To more seasons
Living under the other's gaze
Eternally blissful
Ever present in each other's arms
You are my only one
And so shall be for the next 365 days

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall