Candle In A Storm Poem


To mum,
For all the times I made you cry those that I did not listen
Even when I disappointed you
Forgive me
For every moment I never cherished each time I made you sad
Or when I disagreed with you and made you regret I am sorry
Pardon me
For sometimes not understanding
For assuming we will always be together
Not telling you how much I love you when the chance seemed to slip away
I apologize
For not saying goodbye to you for allowing myself to regret now
For the times silence seemed fine when I had questions to ask
Now I need to let go
For I know you are proud of me even when life seemed unfair
You loved me to the end
I want to cry now but I know I don’t have to
Because sometimes I feel I have not cried enough
Other times I feel I cannot cry enough
You may never come back home my heart is where you are
For the times we laughed together
I am grateful
I am thankful
For each graceful moment God gave us
Every bit of experience we shared all the joy we had
And sometimes even the silence that we both understood and enjoyed
I appreciate
Your love when darkness covered me when despair loomed over us
You never stopped loving me
You will forever remain in every part of me
I know I cannot explain everything or comprehend why
Or even answer the reasons I know life was good for us
I miss you most days some days I want to give up
Others I wonder how, why, or what each time I think those thoughts
I have to remember you are still there slowly I try to bring sunshine
One by one the stars shine it won’t ever be the right time to be happy
My life used to revolve around you now I do not know where to begin
I feel lost you need to know I cannot do this alone
Understand I need you even though you are gone
You still live in me
And I will not stop asking for help not answering
Does not mean you don’t hear
You are and will always be my mother…my life…my existence…
Now I can tell you goodbye I never had the courage before
I know you understand why now I can face the reality, truth
Knowing you have not left me alone you left me with family
Goodbye mother I love you
I promise I will see you again

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall