The Vows That I Make Poem



I will never know the arms of another man
Nor
Feel the lips of that other man
I will never know the embrace of another man
Nor
Understand the presence of that other man
I will never know the caresses of another man
Nor
Feel the warmth of that other man’s breath on my neck
I will never know the look of another man
Nor
Experience the other mans fingertips on my skin
I will never know another man’s voice when he calls
Nor
Hear the whisper of that other man
I will never know another man’s tender emotions
Nor
Create precious moments with that other man
I will never yearn the kisses of another man
Nor
Crave the immortality of that other man’s love
I will never lust for another man
Nor
Fantasise about that other man’s head on my bosom
I will never wonder about another man’s devotion
Nor
Thirst after that other mans lovemaking
I will never want another man’s child
Nor
Hunger for that other mans protection
I will never linger on another man’s thighs
Nor
Imagine the hands of that other man on mine
I will never dream of another man’s toes around mine
Nor
Daydream of that other man’s chest guarding my heart
I will never sit on another man’s lap
Nor
Comfort that other man when in distress
I will never watch a sunset with another man
Nor
Wipe that other man’s tears
I will never promise Eternity to another man
Nor
Have a stolen moment with that other man
I will never dance with another man
Nor
Wrap my arms around that other man’s neck
I will never have another man’s arms around my waist
Nor
Have that other man’s eyes fixed on mine
I will never be rained on for another man
Nor
Sit under that other man’s shade
I will never seal my love with another man
Nor
Vow forever with that other man
I will never have a meal with another man
Nor
Feed that other man with my hands
I will never read poetry to another man
Nor
Paint the nude physique of that other man
I will never sing a love song to another man
Nor
Let that other man serenade me
I will never Fall in love with another man
For I am betrothed to you

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall