Sitting Behind A Baobab Tree Poem


 
I wait to open a love note that I received from him
A thought crosses my mind
Should I doubt the words written so eloquently?
Speaking in a silent mode with no regrets
Revealing the real longing to see you again
My back resting on the brown bark of this baobab tree
Every curve felt through cotton apparels
Seeping through the heart of a very disturbed psyche
Here and now is where I want to be
Loving faithfully
Your letter reads into my thoughts
The very heart that I know belong to me alone
There in your eyes I see you more than I can tell you
Each day means one day with you as I wait
As deep as the roots of this tree are so are mine in your being
I crave to be one with you as your love creates music
I promise never to let another sit under the shade of this tree
Or touch the green leaves that bring a new day
Dusk will find me here waiting for arms that become strong for me
Asleep on my bed I will wait for dawn when it is darkest
I want to see your beaming face near mine
Is it everything you wanted? Our love? Our smile?
I will not wave goodbye until I meet you again under our tree

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall