Rain When Love Calls Poem



Rain,
Torrents of rain pour on me
Drizzle from my head to toes
Soak my hair into my drained face
Drape my clothes into my skin
As my pores open to breathe
Hairs all over my body stick to me
Wet with moisture and warmth
Drops of water slide down every part of me
Forming crooked rivers and ripples
With no destination except the ground
An owl hoots into the silhouette night
All else is silent
Quiet and calm
Air faintly tasting like old cypress trees
I touch my lips as my fingers tremble
Eyes closed to melt into the freezing air
A dark blue and black night
Shimmering scents of cinnamon
Lonely solace clutches my heart like steel
Reaching out for an unselfish sensuality
Knowing it is poetry under the moonlight
When love calls

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall