After Dark Then Comes You Poem


I feared the dark when you were away and not with me
The silence deafened my loneliness causing it to be great
I held myself so as to chase away the cold I was feeling
Impatience taught me nothing about waiting for you
Feelings of loss and grief haunted me
Creating a vacuum I could not run away from
My love endures the night knowing you will be back
Because after the dark then comes you
Nighttime feels longer than necessary
As it drags without any mercy knowing my heart waits
Each beating of the heart resounds in my ears
I know I will see you again soon
Yet it feel like forever and you have not yet come to me
This particular night is longer than any other
When I was alone nighttime never seemed this long or deathly
I stare longingly at the mirror
Hoping that it will give me an answer to these lost feelings
Or even reflect back your face that I wait to see
Such longing causes me to be fidgety and restless
Pacing up and down this room wanting to explode
When will this night end so I can be back in your arms and never to leave?
Speak to me your whispered voices of my beloved
I need to hear you close even if I cannot touch you

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall