X Poem


The sun faded behind the clouds
Sweet sunset replaced by darkness
A smile only a distant away
The memories forever haunting
Your presence in my life
Slowly fading away
I choose to forget
The closest pictures of your face
All the widest longings
I decide to blow them away
You and me together
A long story not to be recited
Now only me
Turning away to face solitude
Packing us like cargo on a ship
Sealed never to be opened
With nowhere to seep through or escape
Putting our life on a dusty shelf
Marked with dry rusted files
Walking away from the trance
I have completely said my goodbye
Yet questions keep haunting me
I need to ask
Does X symbolise a lost love?

1 comment

  1. Heartbreaks are always painful,especially if its your first love

    ReplyDelete

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall