Stay Until I Wake Up Poem




I fear waking up without your scent next to me
Sleeping in your beautiful arms gives me a sense of confidence
I do not have any nightmares at when darkness comes at night
Whenever you stay until I wake up
Opening my eyes and seeing your smile
Makes my heart beat so fast only your kiss can slow it down
Your face is what I long to see
Whenever I hear the birds sing that it is morning already
Stay until I wake up
So I can tell you of the dream I had of you and me
Forever you remain part of my subconscious mind
My soul knows nobody else but yours that is so close
When I awake and trace the contours of your face
I truly understand how it is to love and be loved back
All the flavors and spices of life
Waft through my nose knowing you enjoy laying by my side
Morning comes and I do not want you to leave yet
A full day passes by then
Night comes and with it the coldness that makes me shiver
But when you stay until I fall asleep I feel none of it
It is all I sincerely ask
That when I awake it is you I see, touch, embrace and kiss first
Curling around you makes me content
Having you there promises a good night’s sleep
And a better morning with you when I wake up

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall