Alone Again On Valentine’s Day Poem


Your non-condescending love was
Intoxicating like freshly brewed tea
Or the aroma of fresh roasted ground coffee
I have become a shell of what I used to be
Reduced to ashes by tumulus emotions
A turbulence that has reaped through my soul
To put all my feelings into the captivity
Of a deep dark and bottomless hole
Everything I want everybody else has
My dreams turned into naught, tear by tear drop
I lay on the floor like a woman in labor
Tormented by the aspirations I had
Everything I believed in, everyone I hoped in, all gone
I am alone; life is not there for me to turn to
My heart beats too fast for me to catch up
I feel so hollow, full of nothingness
What does my pain say to this world?
Heart wrenching emotions grip my chest so hard
I cannot focus as things have all faded away
I want to lash out at the dark try to catch the noise
With my bare hands every second I can’t breath
I die alone drowning in my disappointments
Let downs, chaos, loses caused by a bereaved heart
Merry no more as I am a failure at love
My heart ceased from beating, even love won’t come to me
A day for love has turned gloomy and heartless
Feelings have been frozen in a cold tear drop
The skin icy cold from blowing winter winds
I am thinking and thinning out into a non-existent realm
As once again I am alone on Valentine’s Day

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall