The Coffee Farm Romance Poem


The aroma wafting through my nostrils like fresh rain
Fallen on dark green dewy grass
Brings back my senses from a wonderful daydream
Only that it is not a daydream but a dream I live through
Here I lay on the rich red soil, moist yet dry enough not to soil my back
Every grain arranged in a rhythm like manner
Creating a divan of sorts for cushioning
I am alone inside the thick of these coffee bushes
Yet the moments feel so real remembering that day
That day you brought me closer to a smaller paradise
The peaceful surroundings that beg not to be disturbed
All I can smell are ripened coffee beans still clutching at their branches
Feeling my fingers on their delicate leaves
As I slowly close my eyes and evoke every memory of you
Inviting me into your heart with a cute kiss
Later dancing to our own composition that never ended
Life had taken me into a lonely alley of tantrums
You came and tamed my need for warmth, trust and sincerity
Comforting me with your laugh
This coffee farm on a hill
Is where I understood the anatomy of a simplified love so divine?
Brewed into a marvelous cup of beautiful ardor

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall