A Heart Not Mine Poem



 
I watched you love another as my heart broke into millions of pieces
I wanted to touch you yet I knew you were not mine
All I could think of was your fingertips in mine
Your kiss I desired so much to the point of insanity
Waiting as if watching a plant germinate and grow from the soil
I knew you could never be mine
Your heart belonged to someone else…her
All the feelings that kept coming to the surface
I tried to hide and laugh with you
Knowing I loved you so much that every part of me hurt
Just thinking that you could never be mine
I knew you only loved her
Your world revolved around her like a magnet
Every dream you had was meant for her and you together
Smiling when you waved back
Trying to push the tears away from my eyes
I knew I had no right to cry over you in any way
Yet it felt like I needed to cry you out of my life for good
 Just so I can move on with my life without you
Because you had a heart that was not mine
Moments I dream of I know I have to let go of
If life is to forgive me for wishing you to be only mine
When I know you are hers
And she yours

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall