I Bought A Rose Poem


You still haunt me at night time
I keep remembering your face next to me
Your cheeks softly bracing on mine
Your nose rubbing against my own, fingers interlinked into mine
The days do not seem to end quickly enough
All sent emails returned without an answer
I still wait for you to rediscover yourself to find your feelings
You loved me and was afraid you would hurt me one way or another
Said I would one day like to see you happy and not sad
That you would be happy to see me happy
You wanted me to know that you loved me
And never would you want to see me cry or heart broken
You kept your distance from me now you admit and promise to be sincere
That you were not giving me the love I needed
Years have gone by you refuse to leave
My heart that has moments of weakness, wanting you back in my life
I think I have you then I don’t
So I bough myself a rose
To take on a journey less travelled
I could not love you any better than then
Poisonous emotions have set in; you never bought me a rose
I want you to know I try to move on
I never kissed you before now everything is already gone
All I know is I will keep this rose to myself

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall