Gentle Touch Poem


As I lie sprawled on the grass
The thin blades
Brushing against my toes
Texture of earth felt on my skin
I remember your touch
Soft like the petals of a white rose
Firm like the rocks of a mountain
Tough
With no illusions
Love a strongest emotion
Given a name of gentleness
Speaks of eternal bliss
Yours brings stars together
Waiting for this day to end
Until I can be in your arms again
Giving me hope
That the night is just a mist
Not a shadow
To cloud our lovely self
Mastering the art of fire
To start a wild tide
Carrying ocean currents
That trickles down
To form crystal droplets of rain
That slide down my arms
Feeling them hover over me
The way your touch
Lingers on every part of me
Not to be forgotten
Every moment saved in the pages of a diary
Page by page I remember that touch
Gently sliding around my heart
Aromas floating within each stroke
Take not away your soft touch
I need it to feel alive

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall