White Umbrella Poem


We met at a park bench
The wind had started blowing
Filling up my nostrils with cool currents
I could feel it caressing my cheeks
Making the hairs at the back of my neck
To stand like they were ready for battle
The park was slowly being abandoned
Leaves of autumn slithering away
Clearing the cabro pavement
The songs of the birds had stopped
Evening was approaching
The sun had already settled snugly
Into its home to await the next day
I could see the clear signs of dusk
Calmness slowly engulfing the earth
Except for the pitter patter of feet
As they all hurried away to their homes
Nothing else seemed to be moving
The park bench was cold
As if to tell me that I needed to leave
I slid my hands across it
To push away the remnants of the leaves that had fallen on it
It all seemed lonely and almost lost
Until I saw you coming from a distance
The silhouette of your masculinity
Caught my breath in a moment of bliss
Suddenly I felt the pelt of rain drops
Eyes gazing back at you
I did not feel it begin to pour
In slow motion you stood right there before me
I could almost touch you
White umbrella in your hand
Smile melting my cold being
The other hand reached out to take my hand
The moment ceased to move
As everything stood still
Sheltered underneath your white umbrella
I could feel that I was no longer alone
Night brought in heavy pours
It also brought you to me

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall