The Only Memories I Have Poem


The messages on my phone
Are the only memories of you I  have
Travelled on the road alone
In tumulus times on windy days
The way you called my name still lingers on me
Because only you could raise
The very veins that carry my blood to the heart
I miss holding you close
Dancing to our classic love songs
On the radio

I want to drown in your masculinity
Drown again in the love that you make
Feel the tender and soft touches
Of your lips on mine
Feel you breathe next to my chest
I love the feel of your feet
Intertwined with my toes on the soft grass
I await dusk as our intimate dance begins
To move our mortal bodies
Dawn becomes an enemy because you leave my arms cold
Even when you are gone
The scent of your skin still brushes over mine
In a sultry mood
I toss and turn in my bed at dawn
Then there I see it
Your yellow umbrella leaning against the wall
My eyes frozen trying to look away
Yet I cannot muster the strength
A reminder of what
Our life used to be
The alarm rings loudly
I find myself throwing away your yellow umbrella

Maybe then I can be able to move on

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall