Show Me You Love Me Poem


I do not want to sleep facing the wall of my boudoir
Wondering if you will come back to my arms
I refuse to struggle to fall asleep because of this circle of darkness
It is a lesson in fear
Let your guard down and allow me in
Let yourself go further than this longing
Stand next to me when the rain thunders into the distance
You have said you love me
Now I need you to show me you love me
I cannot go further than this
Every day and night I need to understand your patience
My only wish is to want you near me everyday
The other side of the world waits for our announcement
That we will forever be in each other’s arms
I wait for you to take my heart away
Devour it with all the fondness you have
The sun has given us light to reflect in our eyes
We have all the time to breathe away all our troubles
The script has been handwritten to represent us
Carved so that the ages will not erase it
Or storms wash it away into the infinite oceans
All you have to do is show me you love me

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall