Fireflies On A Wall Poem

We should not be found together
Yet like fireflies that shine brightest at night
So is our love
In the heaviness of dark stormy night
All I do is write put my feelings together on paper
My back on a wooden bed rest
Legs crossed to try and concentrate
Watching a love story unfold before me
The silence speaks volumes of the wisdom it hides
Been through enough anger
Frustrations that keep building up
Then comes tumbling down to the tiled floor
Like a building with a faulty foundation
The light from your eyes is what I wait for
To lead me through this murky darkness
A swampy ravine of conflicting senses
A deep sigh escapes my throat unwillingly
The heavy breath explaining the whys and hows
Long forgotten little victories kept alive in memories
Waking up and feeling alright
Where nobody knows who we are
Fireflies on a wall is what I look for
As I try to find your footsteps on wet sand  

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall