Map To Your Heart Poem


You had a broken heart that showed your blemish
A thicket of thorns surrounded your heart that pained
Drained by emotions that weighed heavily on your soul
You seemed exhausted by it all
Vowing never to let yourself be overtaken by temptations of the mind
No woman would ever come close to your vulnerability
Or feel you trembling in her arms
Love lost its full meaning and compassion in a heart beat
It is not so with me
I have drawn a map to your heart
Hoping that you will let me in without fear of aching
I cannot promise perfection
I can only give you my simple heart that knows it needs you
I see you want to call me back after you sent me away
Still your hand is unsure of holding mine that waits
I have patience enough for both of us
All roads lead to the best part of loving another person
Let go and let my love for you cure the conceit you feel for love
Give me a chance to sooth and heal the raw wound you have
Hold onto me as I show you love does not have to hurt
Sweetness in romance is possible if you let go
My arms are a safe place to be
Without dread, anxiety, hopelessness or misgivings
You will be home with me

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall