In My Mother’s Eyes Poem


In my mother’s eyes
There is a strength I draw
Stability that gives me life
I find my way in them
In my mother’s arms
I feel safe and secure
Nothing in the world can make me fear
As I hold her back
In my mother’s hands
Is a firm grip that tightens to protect
Lead me along the shadowy paths
To ensure I finish my journey
At my mother’s feet
I find blessings that I cannot count
Humility that makes me who I am
In my mother’s heart
Is where I reside each passing day
Where her love for me radiates
It’s a home I live forever
In my mother’s laughter
I find myself, my joy, my happiness
As I learn about myself
Knowing life is a gift
In my mother’s words
There is a wisdom I cannot explain
A fountain of knowledge that never dries
In those words I grow each day
As sure as the sun rises and sets
In my mother’s tears
I find a haven of comfort for dark days
Is an ocean to wash away loneliness
Those tears so golden, never fading
On my mother’s bosom
Life seems to pass by without a care
Where I listen to her heart beat
As a strong bond formed
Made to tie and bound promises we make
Her breath takes me away
Life is what we have to live for each other
In my mother’s name
I stand grounded with roots so deep
Defining who I am to be
And counting the legacy she began
Continuing the dreams
In my mother’s eyes
I see me

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall