Jungle Acapella Poem


I want a memory that lives beneath the skin
Explodes on the lips that are in love
Listening to the sound of the night
Waiting for your love to be alive
I want to hold you close under the rain
And kiss your smile, and to never let go of you
For forgiveness sake
Sing a song for me at the waterfall
I don’t deserve any tears that come from your eyes
Yet I wait amidst this jungle for my groom
Because the pieces of my heart that remain
Are too fragile to be broken again
One day I know my heart will cease from crying
Like native tribes inside deep seated moss filled thick jungles
Beating their drums
Dancing their local songs, chanting in their masks
Ripping the silent air with their ululations and cries
My heart has not yet settled quietly
Acapella music is what made me understand your sense of loving
Sleepless nights caused me to have continuous thoughts of loneliness
I did not see the good in the beauty of a sunrise
Or the magnificence of a sunset
I avoided distractions as I tried to decongest my spirit man that was restless
I needed a prayer for the breakthrough night
When I had to provoke happiness that eluded me
I could still hear the plants breath
The dew granting me access into its immortal beauty
Like time in a split second stand still
The wind brushing past my cold cheeks
Causing my eyes to blink more than once
I feel the jungle Acapella making the hairs on my skin to stand

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall