Sparkling Moonlight Poem


Just me and you under this sparkling moonlight
We have banished all harmful thoughts from our minds
The only thing remaining is the other’s bond in the midst of folly
Life was going too fast but we slowed it down
I came crushing on your bosom
Not knowing I would not be able to leave at will
On a crescent moon is when our eyes were drawn to each other
We both had a story to tell of our pasts
The betrayals we had fought endured and won with scars to show
You let me lie next to you without questions
I allowed you to lie with me without doubts
Half a moon later we were drastically in love with each other
I had never known a kiss to be so intoxicating
You had never learnt of a touch so invigorating
We both tasted the refreshing feeling of pure guiltless love
We promised to be devoted to the other’s contentment
The full moon remained a symbol of our interminable loyalty
The dark silhouette skies filled with stars glowed
Making my heart tender towards you
Holding me into you like a young child needing care 
I felt protected and wanted
A new moon revived our vows of never letting go of this sensation
A new dawn has began for us to love and to cherish
Every emotion is worth having with you under a sparkling moon

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall