Umbrella for April Showers Poem


I can feel the first scent
Of April showers
Touching the earth
Emitting a warm fragrance
The yummy smell of wet soil
Makes me crave having you close to me
I step outside and look up towards the clouds
A drop of rain falls at the tip of my nose
I stick my tongue out
To taste the fresh rain straight from the clouds
Droplets start pouring faster
I can feel my bare arms getting wet rain dripping down my face
Trailing the hollow of my neck
Slithering down to my back
It is such a good feeling I stay longer
The pitter patter of rain on the ground
Feels like music to my wet ears
As the rain keeps coming down
I turn around in circles
Arms outstretched
Eyes closed, head facing up
I then begin to dance in the rain
My umbrella for April showers
Is dry by the doorpost
Today I do not need its shade
I want to be rained on
I love being rained on
Because it gives me the feeling
Of embracing you tightly
There has never been a more magical feeling
Like rain washing away
Every fear, tear, hurt, pain, regrets
The purest form of therapy
The most magnificent experience
Only compared to your kiss

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall