The Painter Poem


He is my canvas, a stroke of genius
One look at him and all the inspiration come flooding in
Songs of Solomon from the Bible clearly defined him
My lover is handsome and strong
He is one in ten thousand
His face is bronzed and smooth
His hair is wavy, black as a Raven.
His eyes are as beautiful as Doves by a flowing brook
Doves washed in milk and standing by the stream
His cheeks are as lovely as a garden
Full of herbs and exotic spices
His lips are like Lilies, wet with liquid Myrrh
His hands are well formed and he wears rings set in sockets of Gold.
He is majestic
Like the Lebanon Mountains with their towering Cedars
His mouth is sweet to kiss
Everything about him enchants me.
I am able to paint every facet of his physique
Colors of the pallet may not be enough
To complete my master piece of him
Yet every feature has been etched in my heart
As a painter I understand the motif of his being
Because I have experienced his every emotion in my hands

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall