I Don’t Have The Strength To Stay Away From You Poem


I have tried
I know I want to say goodbye
I want to say I have had enough of this love
A love I have kept in my heart all these years
A love built by innocence
Not knowing where I was going when I accepted your kiss
A love that kept my smile dancing on my lips
Your name I feel still belongs to me
I can’t move away from your grip needing your embrace
All these emotions I am used to cannot dissolve
A love I knew so well made to last
Unexpected I fell in love with you
Even when I knew tomorrow was never promised
To be loved forever was never a part of being together
Yet I hoped my heart would be enough for us
Every time I walk away I find myself coming back
We agreed to end it all
Still I feel like there is still something I have not said
I still feel protective of you, like you are still mine
My consciousness speaks saying
I don’t have the strength to stay away from you

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall