I am Only The Piano Player Poem

I play late into the night alone yet still feeling you
Telling myself I have not left you unaided or lost
I had a chance to love you
Yet my fingers would not let go of the piano
Seeping tunes of wordless music because you are not there
I refuse to let go of the moments that made sense in me
My life so divided and sometimes unnecessarily chaotic
My only excuse for not being there…
I am only the piano player
I am doing just fine getting over this heartache
Wanted to love you like nobody else could love
I set myself on this journey that made me need you so much
Up till now I cannot let the grandness of piano playing be
I chose a piece of instrument with no heart or flesh
With no arms to hold me in the middle of a cold night
A piece of wood that cannot give me sweet words or affection
My only comfort is that I loved you on this piano
It knows our deepest darkest secrets that we dare tell no one
Even the moon shied away knowing ours was an eternal magnetism
Words need not be said when my fingers stopped playing the piano
To be intertwined into yours curled into portions of suppleness
It’s the end of the road for my earth song
Tunes of music played by you fade away because
I am only the piano player

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall