A Promise Not Kept Poem


I know I said it before that I will not fall in love
This easily
Now it seems I am backtracking on that promise
You
You have made me to break every single wall I put around my heart
Every glass door you have broken into pieces, millions of pieces
No glue can stack them back
You have melted the very soul of my selfishness
Brevity has gone from me, disappeared completely
Gone into the dust of the air, dew of the morning
Scarlet red regrets
Navy blue tear stains
Wishful Burgundy thoughts
Burnt orange dreams
Lime green sorrows
Fuchsia fabrics of cries
Golden loneliness of evenings
Mahogany breaths
Keeping you visible
I have fallen in love again; I know my heart says so
Dreaming of you at night not compensation for missing your kind words
I see you
I know you 
I have loved you
A simple algorithm classified in Aristotle’s theories
Learning to know you I have done so, wont you return my love?
You untie the knots in my heart each time I look at your face
Your eyes draw me towards you
Your gazes tell me I lied about never loving again
I know you are the one God kept for me, the one I have been waiting for
A sense of calm and peace hovers around my being
I know I am yours
Maybe not now or tomorrow but love has no time
Forever is one day, one day is forever
Keep me in your heart until the vows are said
Another has your heart, mine is still waiting
I saw you again
Not an iota of emotion towards you has reduced
I still see you watching
Turning away so my eyes won’t refuse to let go
Because I want to stay in them
I do not want to keep running from feeling again
My spirit is clouded yet I know to be so clear
Rains have come, gone, seasons do not make sense
Is the chase better than the prize?
I realize I did not lie when I said I would not fall in love this easily
You have simplified it yet it feels so complicated
You have been on my mind; I know you don’t know my name
But as the wind is whispering in your ear
I stand and watch you smell the roses
As the garden of beauty demystifies every known formula
You have since found a place in my heart
A precious jewel, almost a miracle…yet my only miracle
The one I waited for, proving to be worth it
Legendary songs emitted from all kinds of guitars
Will be serenading the backdrop of a wonderful silhouette night sky
Taking myself back while the owls hoot into the night
To a promise that I made yet unable to keep

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall