Over and Over Poem



What is my answer?
It is a choice my heart has to make
I wanted freedom to love you
Now I have it there is no one to love
I thought it was you my rock
Sometimes my strength, lifeline
Truth be told I have not let you out of me
It is more than a feeling
Just a classic case of not wanting
You for anyone else but me
Can I be happy with you forever?
But what is forever without you as a dream
I am not happy anymore I need better
A guitar strings away
Forgive me for not loving you enough
Yet I have failed to say goodbye
What is it that you want?
Trust should be there I cannot help but love you
It’s a question I have tried to answer before
Cannot help but see
Think of the future you and I belong to it
I feel what I feel
Because it is my heart that chose
Decided no more pain
It is you my soul knows it is you that I want
Let me, love you always
This request I have made before
Yet it feels like the centuries do not want us together
Everything revolving around our love
Keeps telling me to forget
Time and again I will continue to seek you
Until as when you become mine

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall