Before You Leave Poem


Your absence will be the death of me
I do not want you to leave
Yet you are not mine
My defense system screams to keep you
Tear drops fill the ocean of love
A musical beating of the heart
Fear crawling underneath my skin
Running away from the hardest judgments
Bring me back to your arms
Red petals of a rose turn into a pale pink
Fading the colour of our belonging together
Can cries be enough to keep you with me?
Or winds of mercy let your heart discover
Mine is not soundly resting in peace
Knowing your warmth is far from me
Give me sanity to my tired mind
Bring happiness to my weary smile
The only difference I need in my soul
Seeing your presence within my shadow
Is it enough to re-live this anguish?
I, ended without you
Look back at my soul before you disappear

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall