When You Look At Me That Way Poem


My breath comes back to me as smoothly as it left
I understand you have not been loved like this before
As long as you hold me, I will not let go
Away with the wind I wanted to leave
Yet your hands gripped mine so tight
You did not let the wind take me away from you
Invisible as I thought I was to you
It was so right that I let go of all the fears I had
Knocking me off my feet I felt your arms carry me
Your gaze I would not let go
Your eyes would not leave mine
Uncertainties became unknown to me
When you look at me that way
I cannot lie that I feel everything you are feeling
The truth is what I know and understand
I feel as though your gaze upon me is not at fault
This look
I cannot escape from 
Without hurting myself first

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall