I Have Been Rained On Poem


The pelting of the rain startled me from my daydream
It was him I had been thinking of
There was a joy I had found and closely kept in my heart
Closing my eyes I could still feel his lips on mine
The kiss insurmountable
A legend even
It was the way he held me close to his heart that wanted mine
Fingers entwined as if to chase away the cold
Love simmered and the ripples felt in my toes
My inner sanctum told of the warmth I sensed next to him
Turtle doves watched us as we embraced and sang
All I wanted to feel was not a tragedy of the heart
But a song with a conspicuous melody rhyme
I wanted to love so much
That was what he gave me without asking why
I stood on my feet again and saw his dark pupils dilate
A soft slither on his neck
A cuddle on my jaw line
The moment lasted forever until my heart stopped
Because his kiss was enough
Our rendezvous had been cut short
I look down at my dripping clothes and smile to myself
I have been rained on
Yet I minded not as I had seen the one I love at twenty-three

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall