The Agony Of Saying Goodbye Poem

It feels like I am the one
Who has been begging for us to have our relationship back
But I am alone now
This is the last letter I am writing to you my love
We cannot continue like this anymore
Because it hurts knowing you don’t love me any longer
I tried moving on with another
But I ended the relationship because all I thought was you
I hoped you would ask me back into your life
Last year I turned down a proposal from another man
I had little feelings for him but at that moment I thought
What if you ask me and I have already said yes to someone else?
I realize now we are not getting back together
So I am choosing to move on because my heart is exhausted
Holding onto a love that is not mine
If we were meant to be we would be together even now
Maybe I loved you too much that I still hoped in us
The silence is enough to tell me what I need to know
You told me to be patient; I have been waiting long enough
Years have gone past and things have not changed
You don’t have to feel bad for not loving me the same way I do
Things do not always end up the way you want
And maybe love is not enough
I know I will always cherish us no matter what
Now I need to feel needed and wanted again
Have back the feeling of being held so close you never want to leave
So I am saying goodbye to you, us, our love
Wishing that you find happiness and fulfillment in your life
People come into your life, some stay, some leave
Maybe we were meant to be part of each other’s lives
For a moment and I am happy we were
Because everything I searched for
I met in you and you understood the real me
Maybe I did not tell you or show you but
You are the only man I ever loved so mush and with everything I had
You never told me how much you loved me
But I knew in my heart and now I feel like it’s not there anymore
I wanted to give you so much but you gave up on us
When you decide we needed a break from each other
I accepted not because I wanted the same thing
But because I thought it would make us closer when we got back together
So I kept waiting for you and holding on
Sometimes having sleepless nights because I was thinking of you
But I cannot keep imposing myself on you anymore
You never tell me anything but silence is louder than words
Know that you have been one of the best chapters in my life
The only regret I have of us is that I never shared a kiss with you

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall