Home For My Secret Tears Poem


Your heart is where I keep my secret tears
The tears that no one is allowed to see
The tears I will not let anyone else wipe
These tears that keep falling
Just so my heart can stop being exhausted by pain
I know I will not cry now
Only later when my pillow and I are together
It won’t help melt the anger away
My knuckles are tightly bound
The veins almost exploding within my muscles
I need an outlet
For all these unsafe emotions I feel
Because
Your heart is where I keep my secret tears
My feelings are tightly bound
In this raging fire of hatred
I need to bleed it all away
The tears now don’t sting anymore
Because they have left their tear ducts
More times than I care to count
Tears eventually run dry
But the heart is filled with so many cracks
Broken holes that refuse to heal
Cracks that no music is able to mend
The only bandage I need is
Your heart
Where I keep my secret tears

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall