Sleepless In Nairobi Poem

With this piece of beautifully crafted instrument in my hand
I dream of playing the GUITAR like a maestro
A mahogany bronzed type of guitar
Newly sculpted and polished into a beautiful piece of architecture
This musical instrument with six strings played with my fingers
I want to sing melodies of a lost timeless masterpiece
It won’t matter if it is an ACCOUSTIC
CLASSICAL, ELECRIC or SPANISH guitar
All I want is to strum its tightened beautiful strings
Like a wolf howling at the full moon searching for its mate
I want to find that place where I can tune into this piece of device
While time sleeps awaiting the magic of dawn
I want to know every Semibreve I can hit
The Minim, Crotchet in music that will create Utopia
A magnum opus, of musical manifestations
I want my lips to quiver as I delicately touch the Quaver
Slipping into a Semiquaver of musical intimacy
Now, I know that a Demisemiquaver
Can take away this deep, intense sorrow caused by bereavement
Every signature key on this guitar
I want it to strum out of this piece of art called a guitar
I want to learn
Like an invisible man which string of a guitar makes the best sound?
The First string just sought of happens
To be on my own with the Second string
As the third String belts out a ballad of loneliness
Can the fourth string bring love that got carried away?
My sweet song only the Fifth string is always melodious
It’s not what you say or what you do
It’s the Sixth string that says I love you
As I can’t breathe
I want to sip in and feel the figure eight on this guitar
Close to my heart as my fingers slither through those strings
Fingers of my right hand picking and plucking at this strange sound
Fingers of my left hand gently tapping away in unison
To create the most perfect aroma of a Sharp note
Leading to one which is Natural ending into a Flat note
In exquisite droplets of rhythms
Playing the guitar I dream of a faraway place where I can escape
A land where the Apple did not fall from a tree
Spring lasts for all seasons
Where leaves are ever green and pure white lily flowers cuddling my hands
As I pat my fingers through its bushes
Flaws are not known, where love is freely given
Children play barefoot their innocence counted among the sand
A toothless grin with sincere smiles is where I long to travel to
Sweet breeze of the morning wind
Dew delicately stuck on grass blades shimmering in the presence of the sun
The rays of the sun scatter into a beautiful panorama
It is where the rainbow never has to wait for rain to appear
Sun kissed blossoms, whispering into the cold wind inviting me in
It’s where I want to always be
As an insomniac I lay Sleepless in Nairobi searching for Utopia

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall