Black Umbrella Poem


Downcast under the heavy autumn rain
The black umbrella felt its bearing
Walking into the small café on a lonely street
Waiting to watch you play your acoustic guitar
A dark mist covers the stage that is your heart
Because she left you in disarray on an eclipse moon
You now feel the strings refusing to play your tune
Yet you understand the language of love so well
Drinking in the overshadowed smirk on your lips
The exotic chocolate brown of your frowning brow
That has been filled with reflective sorrows
Left in the cold to feel the cruel gusts of insignificant rejection
Unkind emotions only known by a soul such as yours
Coming undone at the seams
Ripped at the very core by a heartbreak so beautiful
Walking into the door reaching for a stool
It was only yesterday that I saw your poster                                                
Inviting yesterday’s feelings to today’s sentiments
The black umbrella closed dripping some rain droplets
On the black and white chequered floors
As if on cue you began to belt a tune from your mahogany guitar
Telling a love story of young souls meeting for the first time
A balcony I can picture in my made up mind
Taking me somewhere I have never been before
Feeling like I’m sneaking into a heart I had been denied
Completely afraid of letting go of my almost dried black umbrella
A promise to show me your tenderness
Saying goodbye to kind-heartedness that I am used to
Now I know we will be alright under your fine tunes played well
Meet me halfway and you can be my quintessence
Black umbrella brought me here, now, forever  


No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall