Mystic Falls Poem



 The drafts hit my face as if on a revenge mission to atone for its cruelty
There lies an abandoned emotion, the epitaph read
Stuck on a cross road that leads to both parts of my destiny,
Destiny created in the arms of my maker
Where should the sun face or the moon turn
Should the stars align themselves to form Orion Sagittarius or Zodiac?
The tell tale signs of a storm forthcoming
A pearl
Representing its beauty, so rare, yet so precious.
The gust of wind becomes greater that the breath I take.
A bird skips by singing the only melody it knows so well.
Like a hawk protective of its unhatched eggs so am I of you.
This journey has led me to a heart filled with
Anxiety
Expectations
And want.
All those emotions fill the chaotic soul of a poet that has misted over
With tears that glimmer even in the dark.
Should I separate myself from such a feeling?
So unkind yet unwilling to let me go.
It is such a battle to experience such tenderness
Swallow the unlimited breakthrough of it all.
Liars fill the humdrum of shivers foreseen in a dark gloomy night.
The lies: woven into an innocent scent of truthfulness.
The air kind of demystifies thoughts that have been sealed away
In a net: of creative substance.
Wherefore art thou, my reflection.
Even the shadow has ceased to be close to me.
Knowing well that life in its prime is the safest place to be.
Can I count to ten without biting my tongue for lack of appropriate words?
Does cheddar cheese make sense?
Why is the sky blue and not green?
Why do feet run when they don’t have to?
Questions created, yet having no answers, deserving no conclusion.
My voice cannot be raised as secrets cannot be revealed.
Pink...Lest we forget.
I want to dance with you in the rain
Shove all your plans away, my heart belongs to you.
Waterfall resounding loudly in my ears, I listen.
Come to my dreams, creaking with dust and rust
Soothe my chaotic soul as it is only you.
I will settle on this land called mystic falls with you.

 http://brendamulunga.blogspot.com

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall