Dark Rose Poem


A finger pierced by a thorn
From a dark crimson colored rose
Bleeds with the beauty thereof
Declares the sanctity of our love
A four clover leaf did not bring us back luck
The clouds above did not cover our weariness
You cried because I loved you deeply
A feeling like delicate Rose petals
Threaded into a soft, luxurious velvet cloth
Talking about our love without denial
Feeling your lips tremble next to my cheek
You know I want to surrender to that kiss
Though I am afraid to be alone with you
Terrified that I will lose you
Forever wanting to hold you closely
A simple beating of your strong heart
You were only a stranger in the hours of darkness
A home I could rest my worries
I know I will not betray the love you gave us
You are the mirror I look into every day
Reflecting the appreciation you have for me

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall