What Defines Love Poem


What is love?
The reflection of the sun in your eyes
The blinding pain I feel next to you because I cannot love you enough
An exhilarating joy when your heart is mine
The soft drumming of early morning rain
Dying on your warm lips living under the illusion of satisfaction
A prayer in the silence of your boudoir
When all consciousness floats away asking if I still exist in your mind
Knowing you gave everything you had
Thinking about you when I am sad when I am angry when I am happy
Each time you are part of my emotions
When my love lasted long enough, an unreturned love only causing harm
Patience running out, hope fading away
Once again what is love? Suffering for that elusive feeling
Sprawling on the floor wondering why
The kind of feeling that leaves questions when the heart needs to know
Why it trembles when kissed
It is searching for answers in your eyes as weakness hovers around me
Remembering the first moment I cried
Savouring fond memories becoming the story of dreams coming true
Is it creating a war only to surrender?
Armoured with a strong will who knows the meaning of love on earth?
Are we destined to be lonely?
Not knowing the real definition of love gently having tender feelings
Terrified of experiencing the moments
Can that really be what love is? How many languages are there to show love?
What defines what love is?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall