Am I Being Selfish Poem


When does love stops being perfect
I have no right to tell you I love you
There is no madness in calling you mine
Even when tides rise above us
If two hearts suffer for being together
Then no desert storm can pluck them apart
Who knows which promise to make
Where are they made?
By who?
Something I know I can clearly answer how
How did crying for an enduring love
Become the mockery of an almost extinct emotion
Fear strips our own self
Leaving us bare, defenceless to all negativities
The power channelling through you
Reverberates to every inch of my pleasant existence
I promise not to promise, a promise that will not promise
To promise to keep all the promises I promise you
When my heart can recite that with no failure
I know I have you for me, myself, and I
Selfish
Not when destiny has put our souls together

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall