Still Wanting You Poem



You made me feel things
I have never felt before in my life
Until I had to say yes
You are an inspiration
Behind every emotion that dazzled me
Your love inspired the poetry in my heart
Though sometimes unreturned
I knew you loved me when I looked in your eyes
Most days unsure about us
Little mistakes almost made me give you up
Each time I was closer to you
Thought of nothing but getting a heart break
Feelings of betrayal clung to me so hard
I wanted to leave before I experienced pain
Did not know how to tell you what my heart felt
Was the hardest thing I ever had to do
No one heard me say I love you
Was more than the physical attraction
Never seemed to find the right words to say
Dreamt of holding you in the unforgiving rain
Just to feel if the love was meant for us
I then let you inside my life and heart
Afraid if I gave you my all
Then I would not break away

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall