Missing Your Presence Poem



The days end in a blur as I try to leave the memories behind
Your arms pulling me back to you, blaming the age old fault of the heart
Knowing only lies try to convince me
We know who won in this fight called love
Trying to keep all the jealousy away I can’t help but twinge with pain
Swallow myself with what I know is so right
Crying within myself under your shadow
I do not understand whether we chose to break the vows we made at the stream
“I promise I will try not to break your heart”
The words now so shallow
Yet still resounding in my ears that cannot lock away the hurt
Like crystal clear waves in the open ocean
My heart thunders away all night long
Storms of misfortunes tell the tales of loneliness
When will it be over to calm the rage? A deep solitude can only make me forget
The few hours I try not to fall asleep, dreams of you always keep me awake
Sleeplessness crown the glory of midnight
3am I glimpse at the early morning signs
A sunrise without your strong presence, the days, longer than the centuries
Musky smells of a long forgotten love that turns the world into a deep gloom
I knew what it was no other person could give you
Life never was treacherous to you and me
Wearing the soul of a wounded love
In my arms that seem to fall apart on their own
A soft kiss of the morning dew, a lovely smell of the lavender magic
Creeps up the hairs on the back of my hand
Making all my senses cry out for your embrace
Your absence is not enough for me to let you go
Now that the words have said my heart’s truth
A smile spreads across my face as I lie down
Knowing my heart, soul and body are to be fine

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall