Take Me In Poem


A light shone at the end of the tunnel
When you took me in
Allowed me to rest on your shoulder
An Angel sent from above
Silenced by your soft whispers
I will still send you a handwritten love letter
Because you gave me the reason why
I will not be afraid to be alone anymore
Your love held me as I was
One duty for me is to see your happiness
Your gratitude made me cry out openly
Our first days together
Seductively dangled in our eyes
I want to take care of you
Like a mother takes care of her first child
It can never be too late
To hold you with certain little tenderness
Sending a prayer for God to watch your nights
As the sun fades away to hide the day
I have risked my life in your hands
Laid my bare heart out to you to touch

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall