Red Umbrella Poem

Truth is
I have been trying to find you
Amidst these layers of a broken down heart
I have been searching for that love
That was so profound it weakened me
I have loved you for so long
It has become a sickening madness in my heart
Yet I love it
I have so much I want to tell you, show you, to give you
Truth is
I have no way of finding your heart
Lost in emotions of anger, regret, disappointments
Everything I have searched for I met in you
I have been alone for long enough
Going for a walk with your hand in mine
Was enough to chase away the urge of running backwards?
Truth is
You are the only man I have loved with no disdain
No immaturity or impatience
Your understanding of the real me
Made me have things in my own way
Learning to let go of unnecessary pains and hurts
Truth is
I keep reaching out to you on a solitude night
Wondering if taking a break from you was a wise choice
I could have fought for our love
Yet I felt like you had already left us
The sands of time have slowly slipped by
You have not been forgotten or wished away
Even when the memories are as cruel as an oncoming hurricane
Your presence is awaited with bated breath
Truth is
I still want you in my life for keeps, forever even
Standing on a lifetime of memories that we had built together
The back drop of a beautiful sunset reminds me that you still are
I miss your embrace that still linger on me
I remember the red umbrella
Where we had our first kiss before the rain began to pour
It was the last Valentines that we were together

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall