Kissing You Under The Mistletoe Poem

On Christmas Eve I fell asleep next to you
You have been by my side from brown dusk till black dawn
Your arms carefully wrapped around my waist
To protect me from the stinging cold of night
I felt you breath slowly as sleep took you away
Toes curled together locking away any mistrust or longing
Being with you has always been this easy
You took the day off so I could take care of you
The beauty of evening blossoms summoned our infatuation
The heart of a man in love
Entangled with a woman slightly passionate
Christmas ornaments hang on a Christmas tree
Near the fire place where we indulged in each other’s insanity
In a language that needed no words to be explained
The crackling fire twinkled beautifully to our piece of music
We connected in a soul so divine, unexplainable
On Christmas morning
I imagine snowflakes falling on my cheeks
Knowing it is impossible under the African desert
What I do not have to imagine is the reality
Of kissing you under the mistletoe
Right now your love makes sense and is so true
I love Christmas with you near my heart’s desire

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall