Celebrating Our Anniversaries Poem


Our life together is a gift
Each year I remember our temptingly ageless love
From the First anniversary to the Hundredth
I am no one else’s but yours uncompromisingly
You put your love notes on a piece of Paper
Then clothed me with a Cotton gown
Leather fitted perfectly in my arms
Spring flowers and lovely Fruits showed your love
I sat down inside a Wooden chamber
As sweet sugary Candy melted on my lips
The Woollen bedding on Copper caressed my skin
Drinking from a Bronze bowl
While I watched roses blossom in our Pottery
You protect me like Tin framed with Aluminum
Your hands holding me tight like Steel
The silky Linen handkerchiefs to wipe the tears
Dancing together in Lacy romance
Held together by a priceless collection of Ivory
Crystal magic shimmering in the night
I want to dine on our favorite China
As we celebrate our life with Silver ornaments
Opening up oysters to reveal Pearls
I dream of swimming besides Coral reefs
Knowing your love is precious like Ruby
Wonderful like Sapphires
Remembering our Golden years
My heart brightens up like an Emerald
Your kisses are like Diamond dust
Sealed in a Platinum setting of memories
You will still be my only love
One thousand anniversaries from now
As our love was sculpted on concrete Promises

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chaotic Soul of a Poet
Maira Gall